Thursday, July 28, 2011

My View on "Daddy"



"Daddy" is a poem written by Sylvia Plath about love, confinement, and freedom.  After doing research on "Daddy," I found out that Plath had a similar life and circumstances as the poem that she wrote.  As the matter of fact, this was her last poem she wrote before she commited suicide.  The more I researched, the more I felt sorry for this poet.  She was very creative in her work and it was easy to follow and understand.  After doing this paper, I felt that I was able to undertand poetry more than I thought otherwise.  Thus, if there is another assignment on poetry, I would not be afraid as I was before writing a paper about htis poem.

3 comments:

  1. That is very interesting indeed because I had a similar realization when analyzing my poem by Edger Allan Poe titled "Annabel Lee." The poet had a lot in common with the characters in the poem which allows the reader to truly understand what the words mean in the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s good that you can understand poetry and the background of an author really does help the understanding of a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem sounds very interesting. I kind of would like to read this poem now. I don't know if I could write the explication on it that well.

    ReplyDelete